Thursday, November 19, 2009

Milo's Story


This post follows my previous post regarding pet adoption. About two years ago, I adopted Milo from the animal shelter I now volunteer at. I was looking for a cat to keep my other cat Blue company since I had to put my other cat down when he got cancer. Blue had got used to having another cat around, and I felt she was lonely. So, I decided to go to the shelter instead of a pet store, since I had heard about all the homeless pets needing homes. I walked into the shelter with the intention of adopting a cat, but only if I found one that I felt an immediate bond with. When I was walking around the cat room, looking in one of the cages, I noticed a white paw sticking out of the cage next to the cat I was currently looking at. I looked over at the white pawed cat and when he saw me looking at him, he stuck both his paws out. He was stretching his legs of the cage in between the bars as far as he could, as if he was saying "let me out! take me home!" I asked one of the employees to open his cage so I could see him. I laughed as he tried to play with the keys as his cage was being unlocked. He started purring immediately as I pet him and licked my hand to give me kisses. I knew this was the cat I was looking for. And he has been a part of my family ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment